This DC motor driver shield is capable of driving two separate brushed DC motors at variable speeds in both directions. This dual H-Bridge motor driver can be used as a shield for the Arduino platform or a standalone driver using the auxiliary headers. This board is a full bridge motor driver based on STMicroelectronic's VNH2SP30-E integrated circuit chip. The VNH2SP30TR-E chip from ST Microelectronics is designed for the automotive industry and is commonly used for window and door motor control. This board give you access to all the capabilities the chip offers.
The quick overview:
- 30 Amps peak current capacity
- 5V logic level compatible inputs
- 12VDC nominal motor voltage
- Undervoltage and overvoltage shut-down (5.5V-16V)
- Thermal shut down
- Cross-conduction protection
- Linear current limiter
- PWM operation up to 20 kHz
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Current sense output proportional to motor current
- Reverse polarity hookup protection
- Brake to ground or brake to VCC
- The PCB measures 3.4”W by 2.5”L
Kit version: $40.00 All surface mount components are soldered in place. Buyer must solder all through hole components, desired solder jumpers, and exra solder on high ampacity traces.
Complete Version: $50.00 All surface mount components and through hole components come pre soldered in place. Default solder jumpers are soldered to accomodate default downloadable sample code. High current traces come beefed up to hold higher motor currents.
- Item #: 14072